Pediatric Hip Stabilizer
The Unilateral Hip Stabilizer has an adjustable belt back panel to accommodate a wider range of sizes. It is factory preset at 15║ of hip abduction with adjustable flexion, extension motion control settings. The HS is used to provide abduction and rotation control for hip dislocation, replacement, revisions and fractures.
Pediatric Hip Abducton Splint
This lightweight pediatric orthosis offers the advantage of hip abduction adjustments. Sturdy polypropylene frame set in 90░ degree hip flexion - abduction easily adjustable 40░ degree through 180░ degrees. Appropriate for infants from 3 months to 18 months.
More total contact than Pavlik harness. Easy application, removal facilitates diaper changes. Closed-cell foam does not retain moisture.
||Pediatrics Adjustable Hip Abduction Splint
This orthosis is designed to maintain abduction for treatment of hip dysplasia and dislocation in infants. Adjustable abduction bar maintains precise degree of abduction and accommodates growth. Lightweight with foam-padded edges for comfort. Sanitary and moisture-proof. Hook and pile closure on cuffs facilitates application and removal. May be fitted over or under diaper.
||Pediatrics FAST-WRAP« Pavlik Harness
This orthosis utilizes the principle of flexion with free abduction to achieve reduction of hip dysplasia and dislocation in infants. Eliminates the need for hip casting and allows necessary joint movements. It is an ideal alternative to hip casting, thereby eliminating skin problems associated with casting. FAST-WRAP design features hook and pile closures for easy application, size adjustment, and removal. Quick-release buckle provides secure, safe closure. It may be fitted over or under the diaper.
||SureStep De-Rotation Straps
Dynamic control for mild femoral and tibial torsion (rotation)
Latex free elastic hook and loop straps allow for universal fit
Localized control of tibial rotation, hip rotation, or combined rotational control
Easily attaches to shoelaces or to the attached chafe and loop
Can be used unilaterally or bilaterally
Works for both for both internal and/or external rotational components
Comfortable low profile design easily hides under clothing
Can be attached to new or existing lower extremity orthoses
Can be attached directly to existing footwear
Available in both pediatric and adult sizes
Indications Flexible internal or external femoral or tibial rotation
Contra Indications Fixed rotational deformities
||Baby Bear Pavlik Harness
So soft to wear, Designed with care, Packaged to go anywhere!
Baby Bear Pavlik Harness Improved appearance
More Comfort for feet w/ enhanced booties
Available in two sizes
Quick Disconnect Buckles for personal hygiene
Sitting, Walking And Standing Hip Orthosis
What makes SWASH unique to other hip orthoses is that it offers controlled variable abduction. It is engineered with a complex series of angles to maintain good hip alignment as the uprights follow the pathways of motion of the femurs.
While standing or walking,SWASH provides just enough abduction to prevent scissoring and medial femoral rotation.
As the hips are flexed to assume the sitting position, it automatically further abducts the hips to create a tripod base for enhanced sitting stability and more upright posture. The most visible benefits of them SWASH is readily apparent by improvements in sitting and standing posture and stability, and for the ambulatory user, improvement in gait. However, perhaps the most important benefit the SWASH offers is guidance for hip alignment.
Increased Levels of Function
- is a hip stabilization and sitting orthosis
- can offer significant benefits for both
non-ambulatory and ambulatory children
- can work for neuromuscular disorders other than just CP
- can work for children with severe involvement
as well as mild
- can work on infants and older kids
- does not interfere with kids ability t
- does not interfere with most walkers, wheelchairs, or even standing frames
Two styles of orthoses to meet different patient needs:
- Plastic pelvic section extends from L 2/L3 to the coccyx, providing maximum torso support for candidates with flaccidity or very limited trunk control
- Single strap fixed front closure to secure torso support
- Increased posterior and side support
- "Childproof" thigh cuff closure
- Proven results in several different independent studies
- Available with 115░ or 123░ uprights
- Anatomically shaped metal pelvic section rests over the pelvis and is secured in position by attaching to a small plastic reinforced abdominal pad
- Double strap front closure allows symmetrical application
- 8 mm diameter uprights in all sizes
- Extra strong for extra high tone
- Interchangeable thigh cuff sizes
- Overlap design thigh cuff closure for easy application and removal
- Contoured posterior joints reduce interference with posterior walkers and other standing/walking/sitting aids
- Available with 115░ or 123░ uprights
Less abduction in sitting115░
Reduced abduction better accommodates wheelchairs with narrow seat structures and is better tolerated by children with tight adductor muscles.
More abduction in sitting123░
Increased abduction offers maximum opportunity for muscle lengthening in the sitting position, and is also recommended when there is need to influence the trunk toward more spinal extension.